Matching local jobs to local people
Ipswich and West Moreton Jobs is a simple free portal for Ipswich and Lockyer Valley employers and job seekers to advertise and seek local employment and educational opportunities.
Ipswich is the fastest growing city in Queensland and is the administrative and services centre for the western section of the South East Queensland. The current expansion of the RAAF Base Amberley will see a significant increase in airbase personal and additional spending on defence infrastructure. Greater Springfield is Australia’s largest master-planned city and remains a key economic driver in the western corridor. Ripley Valley will also continue to have a significant effect on both the population and the regional economy.
The Lockyer Valley is one of the most important food bowl areas in Australia, supplying the majority of Australia’s vegetable requirements during the winter months and typically accounts for 25% of Queensland’s total horticultural production. Significant industry opportunities continue to emerge in the region including specialist food processing, food packaging, transport and storage, construction and new agri-tourism developments.
Ipswich and Lockyer Valley regions feature:
- The largest Defence base in Australia
- High quality agricultural land - Agricultural Commodities Produced (VACP) - $574.1 million
- Two master planned developing communities
- Private and public hospitals and numerous health services
- Connectivity and growth in logistics, road, rail, energy and water supply
- Many established and planned industrial zones
- USQ Springfield and Ipswich, UQ Gatton and South West TAFE
- Major retailers Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Target and Big W and a large number of specialty retail stores